The QA Team Lead at TechArk is a full-time, in-house position at our headquarters in Norfolk, VA.
- Strong communication skills – able to clearly and pleasantly state expectations, goals, tasks, milestones, and more to clients, teams, and TechArk management
- Creative comprehension – able to facilitate quality production from team of creatives
- Organizational skills – able to plan campaigns, priorities, content calendars ahead of time (delegate accordingly)
- Disciplined – able to take and give direction quickly, easily, and impartially
- Generates and oversees all QA-related documentation.
- Participates in requirements & use case reviews.
- Develop test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports on multiple projects of varying size.
- Log and track defects to ensure the quality of the product offerings.
- Validate that user expectations are achieved during the testing process.
- Review user requirements documents to ensure that requirements are testable.
- Provides justifiable estimates for QA resources and testing schedules.
- Participates in the defect triage process.
- Ensures adherence to standardized QA policies, processes and documentation standards.
- Mentors and develops other members of the Development team on QA topics.
- Familiar with source code, version management, and code deployment standards and utilizes this knowledge to ensure that QA processes and procedures for test environments are followed and that the integrity of the various environments are not compromised.
- Design and development of automation framework and associated testscripts.
- Assists in other areas of the department and company as necessary.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, or related field;
- 4 years of real industry experience in the field of software development and/or software quality assurance, and experience as a manager in software development and/or software quality assurance; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of software quality assurance experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience testing in packaged applications: SAP CRM, Oracle, or similar.
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience using industry standard software QA tools.
- Must be able to differentiate and articulate differences between holistic system testing vs. process-based testing based on configuration parameters, user exits, integrations, and data migration.
- Strong knowledge of SQA methodology as well as experience testing on an Agile or DevOps teams.
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Solid understanding of build tools and software configuration management standards.
- Strong communication and leadership skills with ability to communicate with all levels of the organization from senior management down to staff level.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude & excellent collaboration skills.
- Willing to work nights and weekends, perform on-call support as scheduled.