We are looking for a qualified Content Marketing Specialist to join our growing digital marketing department. Our ideal candidate will plan and execute content marketing strategies for clients across a wide range of industries. You will be responsible for creating organic social media posts, email marketing campaigns, and content calendars featuring engaging content that effectively communities our client’s brands while successfully impacting their overall business objectives.
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for creating, improving, and maintaining content to grow our client’s online audiences, increasing social media post engagement, and improving the impact content marketing has on our clients’ businesses.
Improvements to the content strategy should also be made as you analyze key website and social media metrics.
Our ideal candidate is a highly analytical thinker with an audience-first mindset with demonstrable creative writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively to a range of B2B and B2C segments. You are also comfortable working in a remote environment with a fast-paced team.
Role Accountability and Duties
- Perform all social media and email marketing content creation activities for our clients to increase engagement on all platforms.
- Use reporting metrics such as social media, website analytics, email marketing, and content management systems to analyze website traffic and user engagement metrics to optimize content and make recommendations.
- Contribute to email marketing campaigns for clients in a wide range of industries.
- Create content marketing calendars to ensure regular content is utilized across marketing channels throughout the year to drive measurable engagement.
- Review prospect and client social media accounts and make recommendations for improvement.
- Work with Video Editor and coordinate video shoots for clients
- Prepare engaging questions and interview clients during social media video shoots.
- Provide feedback to Video Editor to create engaging social media content.
- Keep up to date with industry best practices and monitoring content activities and those of client competitors.
- Repurpose content for different mediums including social media, blogs, and video.
- Optimize copy used on social, emails, websites.
- Work with SEO Specialists to optimize meta details for website development and ongoing digital marketing clients.
- Manage editing, proofing, and publishing of client written content
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in English, marketing, journalism or related field.
- Highly articulate with an excellent command of written English.
- Creative-minded with an ability to conceive interesting ideas for new content.
- Previous experience working as a content marketer or copywriter would be an advantage.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Agile and flexible with regards to changing priorities and business needs and in working with diverse teams and people.
- Understanding of the value of data and insights, and ability to translate into initiatives.
- Exceptional written communication skills, as well as the ability to problem-solve.
- Strong team orientation and collaborative approach to work.
- Experience managing client social media channels, including (but not limited to) Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn preferred
- Experience utilizing a social media scheduling tool like Hootsuite, eClincher, CoSchedule, etc.
- Basic graphic design skills a plus