The Hard Sell:
Mobile web searches are on the rise with 87% of mobile searches occurring in times of need. In 2017 alone, 52% of total online traffic was mobile.
Benefits of a mobile friendly website design include …
- Faster page load speed, the time it takes for your website to load, is critical. If your website takes too long visitors may lose patience and leave, abandoning your (still-loading) web page.
- Responsive websites are newer, sleeker, and streamlined to display your website at the optimal screen size—quickly!
- Search engines recognize quality websites when they crawl them. Search engines like Google regularly visit your site to perform routine checks and tests.
- Impress Google with a mobile-optimized site so they’ll rank your business higher in search results.
- User Experience, or UX, is a method of website design which considers the user, first. By anticipating what information your users seek and what actions they might take, the website design can provide a better experience for users.
- A user experience graphic designer will plot your website using this technique, gently guiding your users with design.
- You only get one first impression—better make it count!
Questions to ask yourself before committing …
- If I shrink my computer browser window or look at it on a mobile device, is my website still readable?
- A responsive or mobile-friendly website adapts to the user’s screen size. If you have to scroll from side-to-side, zoom out, or rotate the phone, tablet, or laptop in order to read the content, the website is not responsive.
- What do my competitors’ websites look like?
- Are their websites responsive? Are they filled with broken images or outdated media players?
- If not, what are you waiting for? There’s still time to catch up!
- If so, you’ve got the perfect chance to get ahead.
- Can I update content, images, links, and more quickly and easily?
- Changing your hours, fixing a typo, or updating your specials should not take hours, days, or add grey hairs to your head. A modern website enables simple content changes in minutes.
- Are your marketing efforts falling flat?
- What’s the point in spending money to drive quality web traffic to a poor user experience? If your website does not load quickly, present well, rank highly, and behave intelligently, then your marketing budget may be wasted.
- Redesign and revamp your website, then do the same with your marketing assets. A few new campaigns may surprise you with the efficacy of results.
Make a Great First Impression with a Mobile Friendly Website!