- Participates in requirements analysis processes.
- Collaborates with internal teams to produce software design and architecture.
- Writes clean, scalable code and unit tests using the PHP programming language.
- Performs website standards and security testing to include HTML and CSS validation testing.
- Performs website performance testing.
- Revises, updates, refactors, and debugs code.
- Develops documentation throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Serves as an expert on developed applications and provides technical support.
- Develop, maintain, fix and enhance existing sites
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Integration of data storage solutions.
- Write “clean”, well-designed code
- Produce detailed specifications
- Troubleshoot, test, and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow industry best practices
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary
- Solve site speed and security issues
- Build error-free websites like w3 validation, CSS validation, etc.
- Mentor Junior Developers as needed
- Work on several different PHP CMS frameworks
- This position requires client and project meetings to be done outside of normal business hours. You agree to be available after-hours to support the project needs.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a WordPress Developer in a team environment.
- Excellent knowledge of WordPress, PHP, MySQL, CSS3, Semantic HTML5, and jQuery.
- Excellent knowledge of developing using WordPress standards.
- Proven experience developing using accessibility guidelines and web standards.
- Proven experience creating WordPress plugins.
- Proven experience creating WordPress themes.
- Proven experience using WordPress Advanced Custom Fields.
- Experience using one or more Git-based source code repository systems.
- Familiarity with architecture styles and API categories (REST, RPC, SOAP, etc.).
- Understanding of Agile methodologies.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and time-management skills.
- Experience with TFS/Azure DevOps
- Experience with cloud hosting environments such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon
- Web Services or Google Cloud.
- Zend PHP Developer Certification.
- Knowledge of Google AMP will be an added advantage.