Senior WordPress Developer
WHO WE ARE
TechArk Solutions set out to build a passionate, creative team with a shared mission: We believe in growing each other – our team members, our clients and our partners.
We’ve garnered top awards for our custom software applications and jaw-dropping web designs. We’ve launched several chart-topping mobile apps and software applications. Clients trust us to think of everything they need to create a polished, cohesive experience for their online customers. It’s what we do best.
Our focus is helping clients bring their ideas to life. Whether they want to turn their app concept into a market-ready product or simply give their website a makeover, we’ll help them see the potential, craft a strategy, and aim for success. We’re not done until theirs customers say, “WOW!”
WHAT WE STAND FOR
We only select the brightest, most motivated professionals to join TechArk. People who are committed to continuously pushing the envelope when it comes to using technology in innovative ways, and who are also driven to help clients succeed in their endeavors by providing superior customer service.
These traits are rare in today’s economy and we’re proud and honored that you are considering helping us pursue our mission!
- Participates in requirements analysis processes.
- Collaborates with internal teams to produce software design and architecture.
- Writes clean, scalable code and unit tests using the PHP programming language.
- Performs website standards and security testing to include HTML and CSS validation
- Performs website performance testing.
- Revises, updates, refactors, and debugs code.
- Develops documentation throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Serves as an expert on developed applications and provides technical support.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a WordPress Developer in a team environment.
- Excellent knowledge of WordPress, PHP, MySQL, CSS3, Semantic HTML5, and
- Excellent knowledge of developing using WordPress standards.
- Proven experience developing using accessibility guidelines and web standards.
- Proven experience creating WordPress plugins.
- Proven experience creating WordPress themes.
- Proven experience using WordPress Advanced Custom Fields.
- Experience using one or more Git-based source code repository systems.
- Familiarity with architecture styles and API categories (REST, RPC, SOAP, etc.).
- Understanding of Agile methodologies.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and time-management skills.
- Experience with TFS/Azure DevOps.
- Experience with cloud hosting environments such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon
Web Services or Google Cloud.
- Zend PHP Developer Certification.
- Knowledge of”Google AMP” will be an added advantage.
WHERE THE MAGIC HAPPENS
Our Home: 415 W. York St, Suite 103, Norfolk, VA 23510
We are located in the beautiful Norfolk Freemason historic district, the city’s oldest standing neighborhood, located just West of the Central Business district. Its cobblestone streets and mature trees are the backdrop for the city’s only neighborhood that presents a visible chronology of three centuries of architectural styles.
We have renovated this building as a modern and open space office, and set the stage for our continuous and amazing growth. Check out what it looks like to be part of our leading edge team. We even converted a vintage table into a ping pong arena, where intense company tournaments take place.
SO DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
If you do, just simply send us your resume and the cover letter and we will be happy to sit down with you and start the conversation.