Thanks, Google My Business!
May 02, 2018
Today TechArk had a party!
In honor of Small Business Week, our BFF Google had a lot of announcements, updates, and exciting new features to debut this spring, so we at TechArk hosted a viewing party to watch the rollouts in real-time. We tuned in to the livestream to support our partners at Google, and invited friends, neighbors, and business owners in our local area to join the fun (there were cookies).
It was a whirlwind of information and innovation. Google never sleeps (much like our support team) and they are constantly dreaming up new ways to improve the online auction of AdWords, provide new resources for digital marketers, and invent free tools for small business owners.
A few of the highlights include …
Statistics – Mobile searches are …
- 30% related to location
- 87% occur in times of need
- 80% increase in mobile searches for “best”
- 85% increase in mobile searches for “where to buy”
Tips – Businesses with a complete Google My Business (GMB) listing are …
- 2.7x more likely to be perceived as “reputable,” or legitimate.
- 70% more likely to attract a site visit
- 50% more likely to lead to a purchase
Tools – Posts, Insights, Appointments, oh my!
- Posts: Share announcements, events, updates, and special offers/coupons/codes directly to your GMB listing. When users Google you or your industry, they’ll see your post for 7 days, then it expires.
- Insights: Like Google Analytics, this tool lets you see the data behind your efforts. Check how many views and engagements your posts get, share videos, and test different strategies to find what works for your small business.
- Appointments: Customers who find you through Google will now be able to view availability immediately, thanks to this nifty new feature. The button links to online booking services or Reserve with Google, so they can save their spot right away.
We love it all.
While there were lots more useful tips, helpful resources, and intriguing features, we don’t have room for them all here. Follow us on social to learn when the next workshop occurs, and join us.
We hope to see you soon!
What does Google do when they don’t know the answer to a question?