Should Your Business Invest In A New Website?
Your website is a virtual portal into your business. It’s a way to introduce gobs of prospects to your products and services that may not be viable customers in a brick and mortar space. However, if your site is old or outdated, it may be time to consider investing in a new one. Here are a few cues that may signal it’s time for an update:
- Electronic records systems – By digitizing patient healthcare records and creating a customized database, access to their key information is exponentially faster. It also eliminates the expense of paper, file folders and filing cabinets, as well as the need to search for and file hardcopy files.
- It’s not functional – Even if your website is only a few years old, it could be out of date as far as functionality is concerned. Is it optimized to be used on a smartphone or tablet? More than half of visitor to website are searching for them on their phones. Do you have images or content that loads slowly or don’t load at all? Is the content short and sweet while providing enough information while displayed in an attractive manner? A poor user experience will likely chase prospects away—along with their referrals.
- Off target – Consumer behavior constantly changes and you need to move with it. The audience you were originally targeting when you created your website may have changed over the past couple of years, so you need to redirect your efforts to recapture them or to pick up like-minded prospects.
- Content – Have your products or services evolved or just plain changed over time? If so, the content on your site may need an overhaul to keep it dynamic and engaging.
- You are invisible – Does your site utilize Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to keep you ranked in search engine results when prospects are looking for a products or services based on keywords? If not, it’s hard to compete for business with companies that have optimized their sites to be ranked highly by the complex algorithms involved
We know you may love your current website, but to reimagine your business you need to look at it through your prospects eyes. TechArk Solutions provides our clients with superior web design and functionality to optimize your traffic and we can assist you with a marketing plan that is designed to keep your company top-of-mind with prospects and customers.