Ever curious to know what a day in the life of an employee at a web design and software development company is like? Well, we interviewed one of our team members to give you a better glimpse of what the typical work day is like. Here is what a day in the life of a TechArk team member looks like.
- 6:30 AM – 7:30 AM – I (usually) wake up at 6:30 AM and the first thing I do is make myself a cup of hot, fresh coffee. I then prepare to exercise as it is a part of my morning routine and ensures that I am ready and energized to take on the day!
- 7:30 AM – 8:00 AM – I jump into the shower and get dressed for my exciting day at work.
- 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM – I am commuting to work in downtown Norfolk.
- 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM – I begin the morning at TechArk by logging into Basecamp to check the progress on all work that the team has done the day before. I also start checking on our support ticket system for resolution of any issues sent by our clients, and following that I continue going through Basecamp to catch up on all of the progress our global team has accomplished so far.
- 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM – This is when I usually have online meetings with my team leads and coordinators to make sure that we all remain on the same page of the current happenings at TechArk.
- 12:30 – 1:00 PM – Lunch break! I usually like to go to Cure Coffee Shop or Alkaline during this time.
- 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM – After getting back from lunch, I start reviewing all active project work for for any next steps and/or recommendations needed for the team including answering any questions for technical requirements questions and providing overall project coordination toward completion of our open projects.
- 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM – This is when I usually go back to our support ticket system to review any new open tickets and help resolve any existing open tickets for resolution.
- 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM – I wrap up my work day by scheduling and assigning any additional development work, support resolution recommendations, and process improvements to the team so they have this information available for the start of their work day.
- 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM – The TechArk ping pong tournament commences!
- 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM – I usually wind down a workday by spending time with friends and family, whether it be going out to dinner, getting a drink at the bar, or going to go see a movie.
- 9:00 PM – It’s lights out and repeat!
To learn more about what we do at TechArk, visit our Services Page to learn more. We hope to be hearing from you soon!