Day 12: Security Tips and Practices
- Use a secure password that's a mix of letters, numbers, and symbols. There’s no such thing as a password that’s too secure.
- Remember to lock your anything up before leaving it unattended, that goes for computers and phones.
- Limit the amount of personal information you post online.
- The more authentication the better! Don't just rely on a passcode, use your fingerprint or facial recognition or get a passcode texted to you whenever you log in (computer).
- Don't download or save random email attachments, always scan them before opening! You never know what could be a trap.
- Don't add random people on Facebook or accept random requests from someone you think you know.
- Use that antivirus, yes it’s actually important.
- Keep everything up to date, it’s usually for an important reason.
- Be careful where you submit your email address, it can be used for more than just sending you spam emails.
- More privacy = more security. Don't answer random personal questions online.
- Stay away from shady looking sites, odds are they're shady for a reason.
- Check links before clicking them, especially if they came from a random person.