Day 12: Security Tips and Practices
Jan 09, 2017
- Use a secure password that’s a mix of letters, numbers, and symbols. There’s no such thing as a password that’s too secure.
- Remember to lock your anything up before leaving it unattended, that goes for computers and phones.
- Limit the amount of personal information you post online.
- The more authentication the better! Don’t just rely on a passcode, use your fingerprint or facial recognition or get a passcode texted to you whenever you log in (computer).
- Don’t download or save random email attachments, always scan them before opening! You never know what could be a trap.
- Don’t add random people on Facebook or accept random requests from someone you think you know.
- Use that antivirus, yes it’s actually important.
- Keep everything up to date, it’s usually for an important reason.
- Be careful where you submit your email address, it can be used for more than just sending you spam emails.
- More privacy = more security. Don’t answer random personal questions online.
- Stay away from shady looking sites, odds are they’re shady for a reason.
- Check links before clicking them, especially if they came from a random person.
Have you used any of these business practices? Share on our LinkedIn page.
ABOUT THE 12 DAYS OF TECHARK
Over the course of 12 days, we’ll be sharing our top tech tips, tools, and tricks of the trade.
DAY 1 | DAY 2 | DAY 3 | DAY 4 | DAY 5 | DAY 6 | DAY 7 | DAY 8 | DAY 9 | DAY 11 | Day 12